Goosmann Law Firm reflects on a year marked by remarkable achievements, industry recognition, and impactful initiatives. Join us as we recount the top ten moments that shaped our year and set the stage for the exciting endeavors that await in 2024. From prestigious accolades to expanding practice areas, each accomplishment echoes our dedication to serving our clients and community with unparalleled passion and commitment.
1. Goosmann Law Firm Received First Place in 2023 Omaha Choice Awards for Law Firm Category
This year the firm has been honored with the top spot in the Law Firm category for the Omaha Choice Awards, solidifying its position as a leader in the legal industry. (read announcement)
2. 2023 Siouxland’s Choice Awards Best Attorney
The Goosmann Law Firm received first place in the Best Lawyer category of the Siouxland Choice Awards by the Sioux City Journal. (read announcement)
3. Goosmann Law Firm Launched The Hunger Jury as a New Initiative to Disrupt Hunger in our Communities
In January 2023, Goosmann Law Firm announces its new philanthropic initiative, The Hunger Jury. (read announcement)
4. CEO & Managing Partner Jeana Goosmann was Interviewed for Nationally Distributed Public Television Program "Viewpoint with Dennis Quaid"
Jeana was featured in a thought-provoking interview on the highly acclaimed national television program "Viewpoint with Dennis Quaid." The segment, which focused on diversity in the legal field, shed light on the significance of diverse representation and the challenges women and minorities continue to face. (read announcement)
5. This Year Goosmann Law Firm Added Two New Of Counsel members to the Team
In February, the former Dean of Creighton University School of Law School Patrick Borchers assumed the role Of Counsel at Goosmann Law Firm. (read announcement). He’s helped the team win several key motions and successfully resolve complex cases for our clients.
In May, Goosmann Law Firm announced the addition of Nancy Vollertsen as Of Counsel in their Sioux Falls, South Dakota office location. (read announcement)
6. Goosmann Law Firm Named on the 2024 Best Law Firm List & Goosmann Attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers & Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Goosmann Law Firm was regionally ranked for three practice areas in the fourteenth edition of Best Law Firms®. (read announcement)
Joel Carney was recognized in the 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for his work in Insurance Law/Litigation and Product Liability Litigation.(read announcement)
Additionally, three Goosmann attorneys were featured in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Goosmann attorneys recognized in the Best Lawyer: Ones to Watch are Sioux City Managing Partner William Hale, Omaha Partner Warren Ford and Spirit Lake Attorney Channing Burd. (read announcement)
7. Goosmann Law Attorneys Were Selected as 2023 Great Plains Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Four attorneys were selected to the 2023 Great Plains Super Lawyers list including Jeana Goosmann, Joel Carney, Barry Sackett and Daniel J. Epstein. This honor is limited to no more than five percent of the lawyers in the Great Plains. The firm also had seven attorneys who were selected to the 2022 Great Plains Rising Stars list including William J. Hale, Warren J. Ford III, Hilary N. Fisher, Janell K. Broekemier, Andrea E. Hinz, Andrew J. McElmeel and Channing M. Burd. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list. (read announcement)
8. Goosmann Law Firm Welcomes New COO Tricia A. Sharrar
In October, Goosmann Law Firm announced that Tricia A. Sharrar joined the Goosmann Law Firm team as the Chief Operating Officer. Sharrar brings over 20 years of management and leadership experience to the firm. Fun fact, Tricia was an Associate Dean at Creighton Law School when Jeana Goosmann was a student before she went on to lead at the University level. (read announcement)
9. Goosmann Law Firm Expands to Seven Practice Area Groups
In 2023, Goosmann Law Firm expanded its service offerings to encompass seven distinct Practice Area Groups. Each group is directed by Chairs and Vice Chairs, highlighting the firm's commitment to client-focused legal solutions. The newly established Practice Area Groups and their respective leaders are as follows:
- Business Law: Andrew W. Simpson (Chair), Aaron D. Adams (Vice Chair)
- Trial Law: Daniel J. Epstein (Chair), William J. Hale (Vice Chair)
- Trust Law Counsel: Barry Sackett (Chair), Hilary N. Fisher (Vice Chair)
- Employment Law: Matthew G. Dunning (Chair), Beth A. Roesler (Vice Chair)
- Banking Law: Warren J. Ford III (Chair), Kelly Henry Turner (Vice Chair)
- Family Law: Brad Marsicek (Chair), Beth A. Roesler (Vice Chair)
- Ag Law: Lisa Steffen (Chair), Channing M. Burd (Vice Chair)
10. Trust Law Counsel Group Grows with New Team Members
The Goosmann Law Firm Trust Law Counsel group has experienced significant growth in 2023, welcoming accomplished professionals to its dedicated team. Hilary N. Fisher, brings a wealth of knowledge as the newly appointed Director of Trust Law Counsel. Her strategic vision and proficiency in estate planning make her a valuable asset to the team. Joining her are Regina Meradith, a seasoned attorney specializing in trust law, and Kristopher Reed, an adept attorney based in Sioux Falls with a focus on Trust Law Counsel. Their combined experience fortifies the firm's capabilities in delivering meticulous estate planning solutions to our clients across the Midwest.
Honorable Mention: Jeana Goosmann went to Harvard this Year!
In May, Jeana attended the Leading Business program at Harvard University School of Business. This program was supported by Wells Fargo and the Foundation of the Women Presidents Organization. (read announcement)
Check out the clever video that the Goosmann Law Marketing Team put together to announce Jeana going to Harvard (watch now)
As we turn the page to 2024, we eagerly anticipate another year of serving our clients with dedication, innovation, and a continued commitment to making a positive impact within and beyond the legal realm. Thank you for being a part of our journey, and we look forward to the opportunities, challenges and successes that lie ahead. Here's to a promising and successful 2024 together!