Omaha Diversity & Inclusion Law Attorneys
Proudly Supporting Clients of All Backgrounds
Goosmann Law Firm has a team of diverse and experienced legal professionals who are committed to providing effective legal support to businesses. As the largest woman-owned law firm in the Midwest and a proud member of NAMWOLF, we greatly value diversity and inclusion.
Our CEO, Jeana Goosmann, is a graduate of Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business Chief Executive Officer Program. Attorney Goosmann is also the recipient of the 2021 Enterprising Women Award, one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners in the U.S. and globally.
We are committed to representing fast-growing businesses and providing reliable and insightful mentorship. Our legal team actively supports other women and minorities involved in entrepreneurship who want to stand out as leaders in their communities.
Reliable Legal Counsel & Prompt Service for Businesses
Goosmann Law Firm proudly helps diverse businesses navigate the following complicated legal matters:
- Setting up a business entity
- Entity maintenance
- Corporate counsel services
- Government assistance program applications
- Government contracting & relations
- Guidance on certifications
- Eligibility requirements
- Employment law and HR advising
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Crisis and PR management
- Family and closely held businesses
- Franchising and distribution
- Real estate
- Intellectual property and trade secrets
- Tribal law
Section 8(a) Business Development Program Assistance
An 8(a) firm is a small business that is owned and operated by socially and economically disadvantaged citizens and has been accepted into the 8(a) Business Development Program. The federal government's goal is to award at least 5% of all federal contracting dollars to small, disadvantaged businesses.
Eligible businesses participating in the 8(a) program receive training and technical assistance that will provide them with the tools and resources to compete effectively in the American economy. Our diversity and inclusion team understands the complex regulations of this program and can help determine if your business is eligible to compete for contract awards under other socio-economic programs or small business set-asides you may qualify for.
To speak with our diversity and inclusion team, please call (855) 909-4442 to request a case consultation.
Diverse & Inclusive Businesses We Assist Throughout the Midwest
At Goosmann Law Firm, PLLC, we offer a full range of customizable legal services for the following types of businesses:
- Women-owned businesses: Our award-winning firm helps women entrepreneurs successfully launch new businesses so they can compete in the marketplace. We are familiar with the unique obstacles women face in the business world, and we can provide the advice and counseling you need to choose the right path for your company.
Minority-owned businesses: We provide counseling and training to business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs of diverse backgrounds who historically have lacked access to wealth or business opportunities. Speak to us to find out what we can do to help you qualify for the Emerging Leaders Initiative and other resources for minority-owned businesses.
Veteran-owned businesses: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has programs that provide veterans, service-disabled veterans, reservists, active-duty service members, transitioning service members, and their dependents or survivors with access to capital and preparation for small business opportunities. Consult with us to learn more about SBA programs for veteran-owned businesses.
- LGBTQ-owned businesses: We are committed to leveraging our firm’s resources to advance economic empowerment in the LGBTQ+ business community. Our firm helps clients navigate and apply for SBA programs and services and certify their LGBTQ+-owned businesses with The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. Call today to learn more.
- Small, disadvantaged businesses: Every year, the federal government awards nearly $50 billion in contracts to small, disadvantaged businesses. If you want to secure one of these lucrative government contracts for your small business, get in touch with Goosmann Law Firm, to determine if you meet the criteria set by the Code of Federal Regulation to register your business as a small, disadvantaged business.
Native American-owned businesses: We provide counsel to businesses owned by Native Americans and help them obtain access to business growth and expansion tools to improve their marketing and product management strategies. Turn to our firm if you need help navigating the complexities of federal Indian and tribal laws impacting your business operation.
If you are ready to set up a case consultation with our diversity and inclusion team to discuss which programs are available for your business, please call (855) 909-4442 or complete our convenient online form today.