Omaha Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer
We've done a lot of deals. Over 2 billion dollars in deals.
Since 2009, our Sioux City law firm, Sioux Falls law firm, and Omaha law
firm have handled mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions, from
small family businesses to large complex matters. You have a deal in the
works, and we can help make it happen.
We represent all categories of participants in transactions, including
buyers, sellers, major stockholders, lenders, financial advisors, management,
special board committees, venture capitalists, individual investors, and
private equity funds.
Our team of business attorneys work with closely held entities and family
businesses. We are members of the Prairie Family Business Institute. We
provide cutting edge resources to the Midwest study group on family owned
Goosmann's experienced transactional attorneys are frequently invited to
speak at national conventions and never hesitate to take leadership roles
in national professional organizations focused on making deals. Want more
information on our deal-making team?
See our blog!
What we offer
Buying & Selling Your Company
Stuff they probably didn’t teach you in school.
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are today, but now you’re
ready for a new challenge. You might be looking to buy a business or sell
your business. Whether it’s your time to move on to your next venture
or you’re ready to take a leap and grow your current business, we
are here to help guide you towards your goals and make deals happen. Don’t
worry if you think you missed this portion of the test during school –
each sale is different and that’s what we are here for. We are ready
to make your deal happen!
Read our blogs on buying and selling a business.
“Is my new vendor contract a good deal?”
*Sigh, reading legal jargon, blah, blah, blah* Reviewing a contract without
an attorney can lead to trouble in the future. If you sign on the dotted
line without fully understanding all the terms, you may be risking your
business. Who really likes reviewing legal contracts? We do! Call us today
to review and draft your business contracts today!
Types of contracts we can help with:
- Asset Purchase Agreement
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Agreement for the sale of goods
- Purchase order
- Bill of sale
- Warranty and limited warranty
- Security agreements
- Employment agreements
- Employee noncompete agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Consulting agreement
- Distributor agreement
- Sales representative agreement
- Confidentiality agreement
- Nondisclosure agreement
- Employment separation agreement
- Real property lease
- Equipment lease
- Franchise agreement
- Advertising agency agreement
- Indemnity agreement
- Settlement agreement
- Assignment of contract
- Partnership agreement
- Joint venture agreement
“I want to multiply my business’s team, culture, and customer
experience. Is franchising for me?”
Are you envisioning your business on a bigger scale? Our business attorneys
can help determine if franchising is right for you and your business.
If so, we work with you and your team to implement your big dream.
At Goosmann, we represent regional and national franchisers, franchisees,
distributors, manufacturers, and wholesalers with legal needs in areas
of business transactions, business litigation, franchise formation, corporate
governance, and crisis management.
Call our Sioux City lawyers, Sioux Falls attorneys, and Omaha lawyers today
to help your franchise or distribution company with your legal needs!
Looking for more information about franchising?
Read our blog here.
Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
A joint venture may be your best option to leverage the capabilities of
your business. Whether it be to land a major customer or do a service
of mutually beneficial deals, our Sioux City law firm, Sioux Falls Law
Firm, and Omaha law firm can provide advice regarding joint ventures and
strategic alliances that will benefit your company!
There’s a reason why some commercial litigation is often referred
to as a “business divorce.” It’s the legal breakup of
privately-held business entities. Given the nature of the separation,
it can be fraught with emotional traps, especially if the business involves
family, friends, or longtime partners.
Like any legal separation, a business divorce is as complicated and expensive
as the conflicting parties make it. With an experienced legal team by
your side, you can approach the task with awareness, thoughtfulness, and
efficiency so you can be best equipped for what comes next.
Visit our blog about business divorce here.
Do you have an exit plan in place?
There’s a lot to think about when transitioning your business. We
understand that exit strategies are difficult, complex, and in some cases
stressful. Our team of business lawyers can help you strategize your exit
strategy without a sweat! The sooner you start to plan, the better. Call
our Sioux City attorney, Sioux Falls lawyer, and Omaha attorney today
to help with your exit planning!
Purchasing and selling real estate is often part of mergers and acquisitions.
There are numerous assets included in a sale including real estate. We
represent sophisticated developers, corporations, individuals and new
property owners. Our real estate attorneys can guide you through the purchase,
sale and leasing of real estate and all it entails.
What we do:
- Real Estate Transactions – major and complex real estate transactions
to first time purchases
- Purchase and Lease Agreements
- Co-Owning Property
- Liability Protection
- Buying Property and Selling Real Estate
- Dividing Up Farmland to Children
- Review Title, Title Opinions
- Abstract Review
- Title Search
- Investment Property Development
- Distressed Real Estate
- Eminent Domain
- Specific Performance
- Land Use
- 1031 Exchanges
- Mortgages/Deeds of Trust
- Tax Increment Financing
- Redevelopment Agreements
- Historic Redevelopment
- Landlord/Tenant Agreements
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Commercial Property Tax Appeal
- Residential Property Tax Appeal
- Real estate broker regulation advice
EXPERIENCE & CASE RESULTS
Past case results do not indicate the outcome of your case and case results
are not typical.
- Acted as counsel in many business sales and acquisitions; both asset and
stock transactions. Handled mergers and acquisitions involving warrants/rights.
- Represented numerous merging companies and counsel on transitional issues.
- Experience with commodities, common stock, and corporate bonds.
- Experience forming mass and complex companies and counseling clients on
corporate matters with preferred stock.
- Represented corporations in real estate deals.
- Negotiated government incentive deal worth millions of dollars for client.
- Provided counsel on refinancing of large scale farming operation worth
several hundred million dollars.
- Filed declaration of Horizontal Regime (condo) for real estate developer
in repurposing of historic building.
- Represented corporation in a multi-million dollar real estate and business
- Drafted contracts and provided legal advice to American construction company
seeking to initiate operations in the Caribbean.
- Developed employee handbook for manufacturing company.
- Completed formation of Tribal Entity to limit its liability in major contracts
and proactively limit exposure for pre-formation activities.
- Filed Declarations of Covenants and formed Homeowner’s Association
for real estate developer.
- Successfully defended employer in Family Medical Leave Act case.
- Extracted company from joint venture that went sour.
- Represented medical professionals in sale of business.
- Represented buyer in expanding footprint by acquisitions in medical industry.
- Completed sale of tech start-up to major telecommunications player and
allowing owners to cash out.