Christopher R. Barondeau
- Phone: (712) 226-4000
- Fax: (712) 224-4517
- Cell: (712) 251-6609
Chris Barondeau represents individuals and entities in legal disputes and proceedings, and acts as general counsel to various businesses. His general practice includes but is not limited to Agricultural Law, Business Law, Family Law and Corporate Law.
LICENSED IN: Iowa
Creighton University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011; MS Negotiation & Dispute Resolution
- Dean’s Academic Scholarship
- Gail Werner Robertson Scholarship
- Marianne & Thomas Culhane Scholarship
University of South Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, in Political Science, 2008; Minor in Business Administration
- Dave Lorenz Senior Leadership Award
- Student Government Association
- Student Senator & Business Manager
- Beta Theta Pi, Gamma Alpha, President
- Omicron Delta Kappa, South Dakota Circle, President
- Mortar Board, Order of Omega
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Nebraska Army National Guard
Second Lieutenant (Military Intelligence) 754th Chemical Company Nebraska Army National Guard
Currently serving as platoon leader Det 1 754th Chemical Company located in O’Neill, NE.
Deployed with the South Dakota Army National Guard (A Company 153rd Engineer Battalion/Combat Mechanized) as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom from February 2004 through February 2005. Served as a combat engineer and conducted a variety of missions including a counter IED mission (located and neutralized roadside bombs) and detention center operations.
- Concord Center: Omaha, NE
Practicum/Internship (Werner Institute Creighton University)
Managed mediation cases from intake, coordination of initial and main session and follow up.
- U.S. Attorney’s Office: Omaha, NE
Conducted research on a variety of legal issues; utilized senior certification to develop litigation skills in court; prepared multiple briefs for Assistant United States Attorneys.
- Pottawattamie County Attorney’s Office: Council Bluffs, IA
Conducted research for use by attorneys on a variety of legal issues involving criminal, civil and appellate cases; assisted attorneys in preparing cases for trial; observed courtroom proceedings and participated in depositions.